Tag Archives: filing
Sometimes the easiest things become the biggest stumbling blocks to a smooth school day. “Where’s my pencil?” “I need an eraser.” “I can’t find any notebook paper.” As homeschool families we LIVE in our homes far more than most. The piles of busy-ness can easily become a cluttered mess. Spending just a bit of time to create a homeschool supplies area will bring smoothness to your days that will bless immensely! Probably it has been on your to-do list for months. If so, may this be just the encouragement you need to create your spot today.
No doubt you already have all you need to create a homeschool supply nest. A desk, book-case and/or filing cabinet dedicated to homeschool necessities easily prevent the time waste of searching. The most important resource: a simple pencil box and a sharpener in a readily accessible place. This will prevent the greatest number of school day delays. The contents of the ‘nest’ vary with the ages, courses and interests of your students. Honestly, for me, it usually requires three or four consecutive days of “Where is….” before I catch on to the need to update the supply area, but the relief is immediate.
Some timeless necessities include:
- An age-appropriate dictionary and encyclopedia; perhaps a thesaurus. (I know Wikipedia and spell-check are popular but… Also, sometimes the computer simply offers more distraction than assistance. )
- That wonderful pencil box mentioned earlier (with a sharpener)
- Basic art/project supplies such as: scissors, markers, tape, glue and colored pencils
- Math supplies: protractor, compass and scientific calculator
- Whiteboard and supplies for the teacher to draw out some of the concepts
Don’t let those ‘little foxes’ throw a wrench into your school days. Avert the difficulty before it pops up.