Celebrating its 20th anniversary, Club Z! In-Home Tutoring is the nation’s leading in-home tutoring service, serving students in over 500 cities nationwide. Tutoring is provided to students pre-K to adult in all subjects, including test prep for tests like the ACT and SAT. Tutors are matched with students based on academic strength, personality, preferred learning style and scheduling preferences. Our number one goal is to raise grades in the classroom, so our tutors design a program using the student’s school curriculum, instead of a pre-determined program that may not relate to current class work. There is no long-term contract or required diagnostic test. This ClubZ! serves the North Metro Atlanta area including Duluth, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Roswell, Alpharetta, Milton and Cumming.
Economics of Entrepreneurship supplemental high school economics course; FEE summer seminars; free books and the Freeman magazine.
It’s curriculum shopping season and as you are browsing catalogs, hitting up conventions, and scouring the web, you may ask yourself what the top history curriculum is. Well, the truth of the matter is there is NO perfect curriculum. However, we can break it down and help you find a great curriculum that works for your family.
Here are five of the top history curriculum out there!
- Bob Jones University– This textbook based History program is a solid one that is offered in many Christian schools. BJU offers a comprehensive bible based history program that is fairly independent and not teacher intensive.
- Sonlight-Sonlight is a literature based program, with history as it’s “core”. Each core package focuses on one area of history. The instructor’s guides includes geography and timeline activities as well as study guides. The best part of Sonlight for many families is the fact that it focuses on the importance of reading high quality books.
- Veritas Press– This curriculum is a self-paced history course. With 5 courses to choose from, each course has 160 class periods covering 32 historical events. It offers interactive teaching, clever games, engaging video footage, and a talking historical character. Veritas Press is sure to motivate your child throughout the entire school year.
- Mystery of History– Mystery of History is designed to give parents a break from traditional textbooks. It combines read aloud information with age appropriate activities to create a multi-sensory history and geography curriculum. It is bible base.
- Story of the World-Story of the World is a chronological world history program that is classical based. There are four volumes available as well as an activity guide with book suggestions, craft ideas, review questions, and other resources. There is also a volume of tests available for additional purchase.
These are just a few of the many top history curriculum out there. You can see some of these and many more at the Southeast Homeschool Expo!
Robots-4-U is an innovative afterschool program which teaches children key STEM concepts in a hands on way. You kids will build an increasingly complex series of robots from our easy to assemble parts. They’ll even learn how to build their own!
Visit Website: Robots-4-U – robots-4-u.com
Dual Enrollment and the Advanced Academy at the University of West Georgia. Just west of Atlanta, a spirited University lies nestled among the rolling hills and tranquil lakes of Carrollton. This is the land of opportunity and discovery. If you ask us, the stars shine just a little brighter here – in the sky and among us.