It is back to school time! Some parents may cringe, some parents may get excited, and for most homeschool parents it means “stock up” time. I hit the aisles at our local Wal-Mart as soon as back to school sales start. Here are my must haves for back to homeschool:
- Good Pencils, not the cheap $1 ones! I recommend the Ticonderoga brand.
- A great pencil sharpener. I was so excited when I bought an old style pencil sharpener for our homeschool. The manual ones last longer than the electric ones, but no matter which way you go I would recommend investing in one.
- Red ink pens are necessary because like it or not you will be grading papers. And, sometimes kids make mistakes :)
- A great Homeschool Planner. I highly recommend The Well Planned Day, but there are also great planners online free.
- Binders are great to purchase for teacher planning, and homeschool portfolios
- Crayons, I typically buy 30 boxes each year. This gives each child a new box every month.
- Glue sticks are a must! I buy enough of these to get us through all school year. You will also want to buy bottles of glue, and maybe some tacky glue for crafts.
- Notebooks, kids love these to draw in and use for school. You can typically get this for around 15 cents apiece during back to school sales.
These are just a few items that I think are must haves for back to school. So, check your local ads, make your list and get shopping for back to homeschool!
Misty Bailey is a wife to Roger and a homeschool mom to three beautiful blessings. She resides with her family in Southern Ohio. She loves helping new homeschoolers and has a free Homeschool 101 eBook for those getting started. She shares her struggles with time management, becoming unglued and finding joy in the everyday moments on her blog Joy in the Journey. You can also find her on Facebook and Pinterest.
We offer recreation and physical education at our indoor trampoline park facilities. Special homeschool days and prices available during the school year.
Tiny Towne is a 36000 Square foot indoor facility. it is designed to educate new driving generation at the early ages
Professional music lessons, being taught on the guitar through Skype. All styles of music, for all ages. Lesson material is already available and provided with lessons. Also individual material will be given based on student preference of music, and needs for musical development.
Bring your child to the MJCCA to participate in enriching physical fitness and creative activities. Homeschool Extras is ideal for children ages 4-13. Program include gymnastics, swimming, tennis, art, science and more.