Christmas is upon us and you may be wondering what to get the homeschooler on your list. Here are some great gift ideas for homeschool families that are sure to please!
It is the Christmas shopping season! Do you have a homeschooling family on your shopping list? Here is a list of the best gifts for homeschoolers. These gift ideas are sure to please the homeschool family you love!
Here are some items that would be great gift ideas for homeschool families!
- Globe: This one would make a great one for any homeschooling family!
- Museum Memberships: Do you have a museum near you that you have been dying to go to? Memberships make great gifts and can be used year round. Also, many museum memberships offer discounts or free admission to other museums nationwide.
- Zoo or Aquarium Tickets: Aquariums and Zoos are great educational opportunities for homeschoolers, and family tickets would be a great gift for any family!
- Gift Subscriptions to Educational Magazines: National Geographic Kids, Zoo Books, Highlights and many others are great way to give the gift of education! Gift Subscriptions are easy to do online, and discounts can be found around the holidays on sites like
- Gift Certificates for Enrichment Classes: Has a child in your family been interested in dance, music, or another type of enrichment class? Ask for a gift certificate to give the classes a try!
- Microscope: Many homeschoolers have a great microscope like this one on their wish list. If the homeschool family you’re thinking of has one, then consider new slides to go along with it!
- Printer/copier/scanner: Homeschool moms use their printer, a LOT! So, a new one that maybe would be more efficient on ink, or one that has features theirs doesn’t would be a great gift idea!
- Computer: New computers are a splurge few homeschool moms would go for. So, if you have a larger budget, consider giving the gift of a new computer to a homeschool family. There are sales out there on Black Friday that can make one a steal!
- Educational Videos: Magic School Bus, Liberty Kids, Wild Kratts, Documentaries, Disney Nature movies and other educational videos are great for homeschool families!
- Craft and Art Supplies: I do not know any homeschool family that wouldn’t be thrilled with new craft and art supplies. Homeschool families don’t get a school budget for these items, and they go fast when you have many younger students running around!
So, take this list, and choose to bless a homeschool family this holiday season. I am sure that most homeschoolers would love any item on this list!
Misty Bailey is the voice behind the Southeast Homeschool Expo’s Facebook page, as well as one of the convention planners here at the Southeast Homeschool Expo. She has worked in the homeschool market for nearly a decade with a multitude of curriculum companies, and as a former blogger and podcaster.