Christmas season is upon us, and you may be wondering what to get the homeschool family that is near and dear to your heart. Or, you as a homeschool family, may be wondering what to add to that family wish list?
Here are some items that would be great gift ideas for homeschool families!
- Globe: This one would make a great one for any homeschool family!
- Museum Memberships: Do you have a museum near you that you have been dying to go to? Memberships make great gifts and can be used year round. Also, many museum memberships offer discounts or free admission to other museums nationwide.
- Zoo or Aquarium Tickets: Aquariums and Zoos are great educational opportunities for homeschoolers, and family tickets would be a great gift for any family!
- Gift Subscriptions to Educational Magazines: National Geographic Kids, Zoo Books, Highlights and many others are great way to give the gift of education! Gift Subscriptions are easy to do online, and discounts can be found around the holidays on sites like
- Gift Certificates for Enrichment Classes: Has a child in your family been interested in dance, music, or another type of enrichment class? Ask for a gift certificate to give the classes a try!
- Microscope: Many homeschoolers have a great microscope like this one on their wish list. If the homeschool family you’re thinking of has one, then consider new slides to go along with it!
- Printer/copier/scanner: Homeschool moms use their printer, a LOT! So, a new one that maybe would be more efficient on ink, or one that has features theirs doesn’t would be a great gift idea!
- Computer: New computers are a splurge few homeschool moms would go for. So, if you have a larger budget, consider giving the gift of a new computer to a homeschool family. There are sales out there on Black Friday that can make one a steal!
- Educational Videos: Magic School Bus, Liberty Kids, Wild Kratts, Documentaries, Disney Nature movies and other educational videos are great for homeschool families!
- Craft and Art Supplies: I do not know any homeschool family that wouldn’t be thrilled with new craft and art supplies. Homeschool families don’t get a school budget for these items, and they go fast when you have many younger students running around!
So, take this list, and choose to bless a homeschool family this holiday season. I am sure that most homeschoolers would love any item on this list!
Misty Bailey is a wife to Roger and a homeschool mom to three beautiful blessings. She resides with her family in Southern Ohio. She loves helping new homeschoolers and has a free Homeschool 101 eBook for those getting started. She shares her struggles with time management, becoming unglued and finding joy in the everyday moments on her blog Joy in the Journey. You can also find her on Facebook and Pinterest.