IF you’re like me you are always looking for a few ways to save money! Homeschooling families often work on tight budgets, and try to cut costs when they can. Here are 10 ways you can save money homeschooling.
- Go to the library- Before purchasing those books see if your local library has the books for free.
- Buy Used- There are tons of websites, curriculum fairs, and local moms who would love to sell you their gently used curriculum.
- Hit up a convention- Yes, often times conventions cost money to attend, but you can also save money by avoiding shipping costs.
- Only buy after you try-This is the number one way to save money .Don’t purchase something until you have seen it, and maybe even tried it out (if possible) you can do this by looking at others curriculums or by attending a convention.
- Use what you have- What resources do you have at home that you can use for homeschooling? Science books from yard sales? Quality literature from your childhood days? You tube videos and documentaries? You may be surprised by what you already have.
- Free curriculum sites- Easy Peasy and Khan Academy are just 2 of the many free websites out there available for homeschooling families. Try using them for supplemental at first, then see if you like them. I know we love Easy Peasy for Health and preschool!
- Hit up sales- Our favorite time of year is back to school time. We always hit up the sales and stock up on items for our whole homeschool year. When you see sales like this think ahead about what you may need in the coming months.
Homeschooling can cost money, but it doesn’t have to cost a lot. Many families frugally homeschool and you can too! If you looking for a few ways to save money homeschooling hopefully these can help!