Category Archives: Grammar
Its curriculum shopping season and as you are browsing catalogs, hitting up conventions, and scouring the web, you may ask yourself what the BEST curriculum is. Well, the truth of the matter is there is NO perfect curriculum. However, we can break it down and help you find a great curriculum that works for your family.
Here are five of the many great Language Arts curriculums out there!
- Rod and Staff– This is what we use and I love it! It is simple, it is thorough and it is inexpensive. Published by Mennonites it has terms that some kids may not recognize, but overall would fit most families. It is religious based, and uses scripture throughout the books. The teacher’s manuals are essential for full use of the curriculum.
- Sonlight– This curriculum is known as one of the top literature based programs out there. It is full of great books, fantastic grammar and spelling programs, and is all inclusive. It is religious based, however, they now have a program called BookShark that has the same format and lesson plans without the religious content.
- Veritas Press– Based on the classical approach to education; Veritas Press is a comprehensive Christian curriculum. Their grammar program gets great reviews!
- Essentials in Writing- This program contains DVD’s that teach writing skills for 1st-12th graders. Also includes worksheets to go along with the lessons. One of the top picks from homeschool moms on this post.
- Abeka– Abeka is known for its comprehensive curriculum and is used in various private schools around the country. You can buy a full language arts kit, or just certain parts of it. Another top pick from homeschool moms
These are just a few of the many great Language Arts curriculums out there. You can see some of these and many more at the Southeast Homeschool Expo!
Misty Bailey is a homeschool mom to three beautiful blessings. She loves helping new homeschoolers and has a Homeschool 101 eBook for those getting started. She shares her struggles with time management, becoming unglued and finding joy in the everyday moments on her blog Joy in the Journey.
http://www.homeschoolshare.com/lapbooking_resources.php many templates and ideas
Popular with Homeschoolers, Dinah Zike invented so many of the foldables used in lapbooking. Make your homeschool learning come alive, enhance unit studies.
http://www.dinah.com Dinah Zike is noted for inventing and developing three-dimensional educational manipulatives, also called graphic organizers, that. …
This is such a large website, it would take a long, long time to go through all the great learning items. Take a little time to learn your way around this important educational website.
http://thinkfinity.org/ Gigantic Website…Thousands of Free Lesson Plans in Math Social Studies Art Language Arts